EDC-7 innovations announced for 2023–24
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) rolled out seven new innovations in the latest round of its Every Day Counts (EDC) program.
Every two years, FHWA asks state transportation agencies, local governments, Tribes, industry groups, and other stakeholders to help identify transformative innovations that can have a national impact on the transportation system. The EDC-7 call for ideas yielded more than 70 suggestions.
Every Day Counts is a state-based program
that promotes market-ready and proven but
underused innovations that merit widespread implementation.
The seven innovations fall under three focus areas:
Improve safety for all users
- Nighttime visibility for safety
- Next-generation traffic incident management: technology for saving lives
Build a sustainable infrastructure for the future
- Integrating greenhouse gas assessment and reduction targets in transportation planning
- Enhancing performance with internally cured concrete
- Environmental product declarations for sustainable project delivery
Grow an inclusive workforce
- Rethinking disadvantaged business enterprises for design-build
- Strategic workforce development