Every Day Counts from FHWA
Every Day Counts (EDC) is an initiative of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) that aims to speed up the delivery of highway projects and to address the challenges presented by limited budgets. Its goal is to identify and deploy innovations that shorten project delivery, enhance roadway safety, reduce congestion, and improve environmental sustainability.
Through the EDC model, FHWA works with state and local transportation agencies and industry stakeholders to identify a new collection of innovations to champion every two years. This process includes sharing specifications, best practices, lessons learned, and relevant data among stakeholders through case studies, webinars, and demonstration projects.
EDC-6 Innovations (2021-2022)
The latest round of EDC includes the following seven innovations:
- Crowdsourcing for Advancing Operations
- e-Ticketing and Digital As-Builts
- Next-Generation TIM: Integrating Technology, Data, and Training
- Strategic Workforce Development
- Targeted Overlay Pavement Solutions (TOPS)
- UHPC for Bridge Preservation and Repair
- Virtual Public Involvement (VPI)