- In this online course, students will learn about the purpose of well-designed, well-built, and well-maintained culverts. It offers Roads Scholar Program credit and PDHs.
- This course provides a concise, cohesive set of sign maintenance and management materials to employees of cities, counties, and municipalities. It offers Roads Scholar Program credit and PDHs.
- A self-paced, convenient online course based on our popular one-day workshop. It offers Roads Scholar Program credit and PDHs.
- This free online tutorial from Minnesota LTAP is a convenient opportunity for new, seasonal, or temporary staff to learn about the fundamentals of work-zone safety and the basic concepts of the work-zone area before arriving at the job site.
- This course, offered through the College of Continuing and Professional Studies at the University of Minnesota, provides lessons on salt-tolerant turfgrasses and low-input turfgrass management. It offers Roads Scholar Program credit and CEUs.
- This course, offered through the College of Continuing and Professional Studies at the University of Minnesota, equips turfgrass managers with the expertise necessary for controlling diseases in a challenging environment.
- Minnesota LTAP and our partners occasionally host webinars on current technical topics. The webinars are broadcast live and recorded for later viewing. Each webinar is eligible for 0.25 Roads Scholar Program elective credit and may be eligible for Professional Development Hours.
Colleges and Universities
- This self-paced online course is based on a recorded presentation by Aviation and UAS industry experts and is geared toward individuals who wish to earn their FAA Remote Pilot Certification.
- Students can choose to take single courses or combine them into a variety of certificate or degree programs. Categories include project management, leadership and management, human resources, and communications.
- The Technology Transfer program at the Institute of Transportation Studies at the University of California Berkeley offers several of their most popular courses online.
- FHWA has purchased the access for local and tribal transportation professionals to AASHTO’s complete TC3 online training library, which includes 120 training modules in construction, maintenance, and materials. To access for free, register with your agency email address and then use promotion code D5X3-B3D9-52CB-4XCX.
- "Click, Listen, and Learn" is the American Public Works Association's series of interactive Internet educational programs. Hear it through your speaker phone; see it on your PC. Each program is led by top experts in the field who convey new ideas, methods, and technologies in a fast-paced two-hour time frame.
- This course is designed for individuals who are interested in building their skillset in project management as it applies to work performed in the construction inspection profession. This program provides general guidelines for the various areas needed to maintain professionalism and competence.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers offers Web-based seminars to individuals and organizations on a variety of current engineering topics.
- Webinars: The American Traffic Safety Services Association's Webucation Center hosts webinars for individuals and companies in the traffic control and roadway industry. Webinars are also available on CD-ROM.
- Online Flagger Certification Training: ATSSA's nationally recognized training program that teaches students how to be safe and effective flaggers. (Please note that this flagger certification is not accepted by MnDOT, since it does not teach Minnesota-specific standards.)
- The Consortium for ITS Training and Education (CITE) is a unique organization of universities and industry associations focused on providing comprehensive advanced transportation training and education.
- The Institute of Transportation Engineers, with its partner in education, DeakinPrime USA, offers affordable, convenient learning opportunities for transportation professionals that can be accessed from office or home computers.
- This training meets all DOT requirements for online flagger training courses. (Please note that this flagger certification is not accepted by MnDOT, since it does not teach Minnesota-specific standards.)
NLTAPA Tailgate Talks
- The Training Resources Workgroup of the National LTAP Association developed Tailgate Safety Briefing Packages for agencies to use in periodic safety talks with their crews.
- The National Highway Institute program offers self-paced online courses and Web conferences in a variety of transportation fields.
- The National Training Center offers Web-based motor carrier safety training courses intended to enhance the capabilities of participating federal, state, and local government officials.