Minnesota LTAP's online training offerings include self-paced courses, webinars, and training videos. The list below also includes online training resources from other agencies.
These online, self-paced courses offered by Minnesota LTAP and our partner agencies can be taken anytime, anywhere. Many are eligible for Roads Scholar Program credit, PDHs, and other professional development credits.
Drainage and Vegetation
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance for Local Agencies
- Installation and Management of Roadside Turfgrasses
- Maintenance Stormwater
Leadership and Management
- Administration and Management Basics
- Communicating with the Public for Field Staff
- Math Basics for Maintenance Technicians
Road Management and Maintenance
- FHWA Gravel Roads Courses for Local and Tribal Agencies
- FHWA Maintenance Courses for Local and Tribal Agencies
- FHWA Technical Courses for Local and Tribal Agencies
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design
Traffic Control and Safety
- Safe Transportation for Every Pedestrian (STEP) for Local and Tribal Locations
- Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies
- Work-Zone Safety Orientation
- Culvert Design for Stream Connectivity and Aquatic Organism Passage
- Fundamentals of Construction Inspection
Periodically, Minnesota LTAP offers live webinars on a variety of maintenance topics. Recordings are archived for later viewing and eligible for Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit.
Minnesota LTAP Training Videos
Our training videos include recordings from some of our in-person and virtual workshops as well as special presentations recorded by our instructors.
- Demo Day Virtual Series: Chainsaw Safety and Maintenance (2021)
- Demo Day Virtual Series: Drones—Another Tool for Maintenance and Operations
- Demo Day Virtual Series: Cargo Securement Requirements and Updates on Recent Changes in CDL Driving Rules (2021)
- Current Practices for Lightly Surfaced Roads (2020)
- Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Program: Special Products Presentation (2020)
- ADA Training: Construction (2019)
- ADA Training: Accessible Design in the Public Right‐of‐Way (2018)
- ADA Training: Understanding Requirements and Developing a Transition Plan (2017)
Other Online Training Resources
- National LTAP & TTAP Association Web-based Training Resources
- AASHTO TC3 Library, which local and tribal agencies can access for free using promotion code D5X3-B3D9-52CB-4XCX.
- For registration instructions, watch this short how-to video.
- APWA eLearning Webinars and Courses
- ASCE Webinars and Online Courses
- ATSSA Webinars and Online Training
- CITE Transportation Online Courses
- FHWA Center for Local Aid Support Online Training Library
- ITE Learning Hub
- National Highway Institute Online Courses