Strategic Workforce Planning: Tips and Tools for Local Transportation Agencies
This webinar featured a dynamic discussion of strategic workforce planning—a strategy to ensure the right mix of talent, now and in the future, to meet their organizational goals—and explained how it could help local agencies recruit and retain the most talented staff.
The event provided key takeaways from two workforce-related projects completed by the Minnesota Local Road Research Board (LRRB), the University of Minnesota, and Minnesota LTAP: Workforce Planning and Human Resources Development Strategies and Expanding the Transportation Workforce. Speakers also discussed current workplace impacts from COVID-19 and provided attendees with concrete strategies and tools for recruiting and retaining their workforce.
The webinar included:
- University of Minnesota professor Dr. Kenneth Bartlett’s workforce planning recommendations and action steps local agencies can implement.
- Tools from Minnesota LTAP staff that directly address these recommendations.
- Facilitated discussion to exchange and generate ideas on workforce strategies.
- The chance to provide Minnesota LTAP with feedback on ways we can help make local agency strategic workforce planning achievable and sustainable.
- Watch the recording (registration required)
Who Should Attend
Local agency staff who participate in the hiring process, including hiring managers, human resource personnel, and administrative staff, and others interested in the topic of strategic workforce planning.
This webinar is presented by the Minnesota Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) at the Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota. Minnesota LTAP is sponsored by the Minnesota Local Road Research Board (LRRB) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). This course is subsidized through funding from LRRB and FHWA.