This certificate program is designed for local agency maintenance and MnDOT personnel who are committed to learning new skills and expanding their knowledge in the latest road and bridge innovations and best practices.
As a participant, you'll learn proven techniques and get information on how the latest technologies and innovations can be applied to your particular maintenance problems. Our courses are instructed by public works professionals and designed to further your understanding of topics such as:
- Drainage and vegetation
- Road management and maintenance
- Traffic control and work-zone safety
- Worker safety
- Math basics
Your accomplishment won't go unnoticed. When you complete your final course, Minnesota LTAP will send confirmation letters to you and your supervisor, and a press release to your local newspaper. Graduates for the year are honored during a ceremony at the Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day or the Fall Maintenance Expo and announced in the LTAP newsletter.
Students who complete their coursework by December 31 are considered part of the graduating class for that year.
Students must earn eight credits within five years from eligible in-person and online courses. Only training activities that satisfy the required subjects, topics, and training hours will be considered for credit for this program.
These online training courses are always available.
- Work-Zone Safety Orientation (0.5 credit)
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies (1 credit)
- Gravel Road Maintenance and Design (1 credit)
- Maintenance Stormwater (0.5 credit)
- Math Basics for Maintenance Technicians (1 credit)
- Installation and Management of Roadside Turfgrasses (1 credit)
- LTAP Webinars (0.25 credit each)
These on-demand workshops are available for scheduling at your location. Each workshop is worth 0.5 credit.
- Asphalt Pavement Maintenance and Preservation (CTAP)
- Culvert Installation and Maintenance (CTAP)
- Gravel Road Maintenance/Dust Control (CTAP)
- MnDOT Mobile Driver Simulator Training
- Roadside Vegetation Management and Erosion Sediment Control (CTAP)
- Snow and Ice Control Material Application (CTAP)
- Snowplow Salt and Sander Controller Calibration Hands-on Workshop (CTAP)
- Work-Zone Safety, Temporary Traffic Control, and Flagging (CTAP)