Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day
This one-day event, which replaced the Spring Maintenance Training Expo in 2012, focuses exclusively on education and technology exchange through classroom sessions and outdoor demonstrations. Attendees learn about the latest practices, innovations, and research related to Minnesota’s roadway maintenance operations.
Date and Location
Not currently scheduled.
- CDL updates & driving requirements
- Cargo securement device procedures & inspection
- Gravel road maintenance & design
- Gravel quantity computations
- Blading techniques & proper equipment
- Culvert management & ditch maintenance
- Surveying techniques & drainage
- Gravel field surveying & assessment
- Methods to identifying existing grades & drainage issues
- Home-grown Minnesota equipment innovations on display
Who Should Attend
Maintenance operators, supervisors, and transportation and research implementation personnel from township, tribal, city, county, and state agencies who are seeking continued education and knowledge-building opportunities.
1.0 Roads Scholar Program credit.
The Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day is sponsored by Minnesota LTAP, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Minnesota Local Road Research Board, and the Federal Highway Administration, in partnership with the American Public Works Association/Minnesota Chapter and Minnesota Street Superintendents Association.