Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day
This one-day event, which replaced the Spring Maintenance Training Expo in 2012, focuses exclusively on education and technology exchange through classroom sessions and outdoor demonstrations. Attendees learn about the latest practices, innovations, and research related to Minnesota’s roadway maintenance operations.
Date and Location
This event is scheduled for May 16, 2019, at the Olmsted County Fairgrounds in Rochester, MN.
- Register online
- Register by mail or fax: Download the registration form (PDF)
- Cost: $125
- Registration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and 612-625-2900
- CDL updates & requirements
- Cargo securement loads/heavy equipment procedure & inspection
- Asphalt pavement maintenance & rehabilitation
- Pavement distress & preventative maintenance
- Sprayer velocity patching
- Slurry patching
- Culvert management & ditch maintenance
- Surveying techniques & drainage
- Gravel field surveying & assessment
- Methods to identify existing grades & drainage issues
- Drones as a tool for maintenance activities
- Home-grown Minnesota equipment innovations on display
Who Should Attend
Maintenance operators, supervisors, and transportation and research implementation personnel from township, tribal, city, county, and state agencies who are seeking continued education and knowledge-building opportunities.
1.0 Roads Scholar Program credit.
The Minnesota Roadway Maintenance Training and Demo Day is sponsored by Minnesota LTAP, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Minnesota Local Road Research Board, and the Federal Highway Administration, in partnership with the American Public Works Association/Minnesota Chapter and Minnesota Street Superintendents Association.