Fundamentals of Construction Inspection (Online)
Are you relatively new to the field of construction inspection or considering a career in that role? Will you be working on county or municipal construction projects? This course is intended for you!
This online course introduces new inspectors to the components and considerations for success. It outlines the roles and responsibilities of inspectors, discusses required documentation, helps you practice communication skills, and assists you in understanding project documents, which include both plan drawings and written specifications.
- Inspector roles and responsibilities
- Introduction to site safety
- Communication and documentation
- Contract documents
- Tracking construction progress
- Understanding plans and specifications
- Ethics and behavior
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for new inspectors (0–5 years of experience) or those interested in becoming an inspector on county or municipal construction projects that involve roads and bridges.
- Cost: Free!
- Please note: You will need to create an account in the University of Minnesota system to register. Please use your most used or accessible email and physical address when setting up your account.
Accessing the Course
This training is offered via the course management system Canvas. Upon completing your online registration, you will receive an email confirmation. To access the course, please visit Canvas and login with your University of Minnesota internet ID and password. Once you have been enrolled, your course will appear on your Canvas dashboard.
If for any reason you do not have access to the course after enrolling, please contact Katherine Stanley at email@example.com for assistance.
Because it's built using web standards, Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer work best for this course.
For more information, or if you require special accommodations, please contact Katherine Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-1023.
- 1.0 Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and 1.0 Roads Scholar Program Civil Tech Level I Certificate credit.
- To the best of our knowledge, this course meets the continuing education requirements for 7.0 PDHs as outlined in Minnesota Statute 326.107. More information concerning continuing education for professionals is available on the Minnesota Board of AELSLAGID website.
This workshop is sponsored by the Minnesota Local Road Research Board, presented by Minnesota LTAP, and instructed by PE Services.