Work-Zone Traffic Control Seminar
This three-hour seminar provides an overview of basic traffic control procedures for work zones. The latest in traffic control devices and safety devices are presented, including several unique approaches to traffic control and methods for reducing risk and liability.
Dates and Locations
Not currently scheduled.
- Overview of the 2018 Minnesota Field Manual
- Principles and installation of traffic control devices
- Liability issues and risk
- Working safely in work zones
We encourage participants to bring their 2018 Minnesota Field Manual. The instructor will have copies available.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, traffic control designers, engineers, local and regional utilities personnel, construction contractors, consultants, and public works personnel who conduct job duties in a work zone.
Experts from Warning Lites, a work-zone, roadway, and event safety company, will be presenting the seminar.
- 0.5 Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit
- To the best of our knowledge, this course/activity meets the continuing education requirements for 3.0 PDHs as outlined in Minnesota Statute 326.107. More information concerning continuing education for professionals is online.
This workshop is presented by Warning Lites, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, and the Minnesota Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) at the Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota. Minnesota LTAP is sponsored by the Minnesota Local Road Research Board (LRRB) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).