Weight Charts & Other Resource
These resources will help you check your knowledge of the most current issues addressed in truck-weight compliance training. They measure knowledge (in comparison to what should be known). Outcomes aren't meant to be a test, rather just a check of where attention is currently focused regarding truck-weight issues and questions.
Minnesota Weight Charts and Tables
These charts/tables are for reference only. All axles and tires must be in compliance to receive maximum legal weights.
Visit the Alexandria Technical & Community College Truck Weight Education website for the most up-to-date truck weight documents, including:
- Restricted Axle Weight Chart
- Minnesota Tire Weight Charts
- 9-Ton Road Limits Chart
- 10-Ton Road Limits Chart
- 9 and 10 Ton Truck Weight Comparisons
- Minnesota Gross Weight Table
- Presentations, FAQs, and other materials related to truck weight education
Some weights valid only with permit from proper road authority. Check before you haul. Minnesota DOT Permit Office (651)296-6000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge Formula Weights Calculator
The Bridge Formula Weights Calculator from the FHWA Office of Freight Management and Operations provides a convenient way to determine the maximum allowable weight that any set of axles on a motor vehicle may carry on the Interstate highway system.
Other Key Resources
A listing of state and national information on load restrictions, permits, and regulations.
- Mn/DOT Seasonal Load Limits: The main Mn/DOT site for seasonal load limits
- Minnesota County Highway Engineers Map (86 KB PDF): Starting point for local contacts
- Minnesota Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) FAQs: Specifically, the maximum size without needing a permit
- Mn/DOT Oversize/Overweight Permits
- Minnesota Trucking Regulations (2.6 MB PDF): Comprehensive, general trucking manual for Minnesota
- Bridge Formula Weights: Resource for how to calculate load weight for bridge travel from FHWA Freight Management and Operations.
- Vehicle Size & Weight Program: Information on Federal standards and guidelines, state enforcement activities, reporting requirements, and contacts from FHWA Freight Management and Operations.