Minnesota LTAP's online training offerings include self-paced courses, webinars, and training videos. The list below also includes online training resources from other agencies.
Minnesota LTAP Online Courses
In this online course, students will gain foundational knowledge and best practices for communicating with a range of public stakeholders in a variety of contexts. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and Civil Engineering Tech Level I Certificate credit.
Live Virtual Events
Because of COVID-19, more training events than ever are being offered online. For information on Minnesota LTAP's live virtual workshops and events (scheduled for a specific date and time) as well as upcoming live events from other agencies, please visit our training calendar page.
In this online course, students will learn about the purpose of well-designed, well-built, and well-maintained culverts. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and PDHs.
This course provides a concise, cohesive set of sign maintenance and management materials to employees of cities, counties, and municipalities. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and PDHs.
This course helps supervisory personnel and operators better understand the materials, techniques, and equipment needed for maintaining gravel roads. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and PDHs.
This free online tutorial from Minnesota LTAP reviews the fundamentals of work-zone safety and the basic concepts of the work-zone area.
This specialized course is designed for new construction inspectors or individuals considering a career in that role. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and PDHs.
This online course was designed to assist culvert designers in efficiently and consistently developing public waters culvert projects to address fish passage requirements while designing for aquatic organism passage and stream connectivity.
Other Online Courses Eligible for Roads Scholar Credit
This course, offered by AASHTO via the TC3 course management system, is based on the Maintenance Stormwater Field Guide. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and PDHs.
This course, offered by AASHTO via the TC3 course management system, presents math instruction for maintenance technicians in context. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and CEUs.
This training consists of three online courses offered by AASHTO via the TC3 course management system and is designed to introduce students to several fundamental topics of administration and management for public works professionals. It offers Roads Scholar Program Leadership Certificate credit and CEUs.
This course, offered through the College of Continuing and Professional Studies at the University of Minnesota, provides lessons on salt-tolerant turfgrasses and low-input turfgrass management. It offers Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit and CEUs.
Periodically, Minnesota LTAP offers live webinars on a variety of maintenance topics. Recordings are archived for later viewing and eligible for Roads Scholar Program Maintenance Certificate credit.
Minnesota LTAP Training Videos
Our training videos include recordings from some of our in-person and virtual workshops as well as special presentations recorded by our instructors.
- Demo Day Virtual Series: Chainsaw Safety and Maintenance (2021)
- Demo Day Virtual Series: Drones—Another Tool for Maintenance and Operations
- Demo Day Virtual Series: Cargo Securement Requirements and Updates on Recent Changes in CDL Driving Rules (2021)
- Current Practices for Lightly Surfaced Roads (2020)
- Minnesota Truck-Weight Education Program: Special Products Presentation (2020)
- ADA Training: Construction (2019)
- ADA Training: Accessible Design in the Public Right‐of‐Way (2018)
- ADA Training: Understanding Requirements and Developing a Transition Plan (2017)
Other Online Training Resources
- National LTAP & TTAP Association Web-based Training Resources
- AASHTO TC3 Library, which local and tribal agencies can access for free using promotion code D5X3-B3D9-52CB-4XCX.
- For registration instructions, watch this short how-to video.
- APWA eLearning Webinars and Courses
- ASCE Webinars and Online Courses
- ATSSA Webinars and Online Training
- CITE Transportation Online Courses
- FHWA Center for Local Aid Support Online Training Library
- ITE Learning Hub
- National Highway Institute Online Courses