Administration and Management Basics (Online)
This training is designed to introduce students to several fundamental topics of administration and management for public works professionals. It consists of the following three online courses offered by AASHTO via the TC3 course management system:
- Transportation Asset Management Overview: This training explains the basics of asset management, including asset management principles and practices used to make informed spending decisions. New terms are covered and new ways of thinking are presented. Most importantly, the course describes why it's so important to be strategic and systematic with the responsibility of managing an organization's assets.
- Ethics Awareness: This course contains good practices from various agencies. Topics covered include conflict of interest, safety, fraud, falsification of documentation, reporting ethical concerns, gifts and favors, fairness, personal use of agency property, and consequences.
- Job Hazard Analysis: In this course, you'll learn what a job hazard analysis is and why it should be performed. The course identifies the information that should be documented during a job hazard analysis and provides example jobs and potential hazards that may be encountered.
Students must complete all three courses to earn Roads Scholar credit.
Who Should Take This Course
Individuals interested in becoming a supervisor, newly promoted supervisors, or supervisors wishing to enhance their leadership skills, communication, and effectiveness.
To access for free, go to the relevant course web page and register with your agency email address and then use promotion code D5X3-B3D9-52CB-4XCX.
For detailed instructions on how to create an AASHTO account and enroll in TC3 courses, check out this short how-to video.
Accessing the Course
Upon completing your online registration, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration. To access the course, please visit the AASHTO Store website and login with your account email and password. Once you have been enrolled, your course will appear on your account under My Trainings.
If for any reason you do not have access to these courses after enrolling, please call 1-800-231-3475 or email email@example.com for assistance. The course ID codes are:
- Transportation Asset Management Overview: TC3PM002-20-T1
- Job Hazard Analysis: TC3TS013-15-T1
- Ethics Awareness: TC3ED001-15-T1
To view TC3 training, you must be on Windows 7, 8, or 10 or Mac OS 11 or later. If you are trying to access the course from a mobile device or using Windows 8.1 RT, the courses will not load as they are not yet licensed for mobile devices.
1.0 Roads Scholar Program Leadership Certificate credit and 7.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). To earn this credit, students are required to send a copy of all three course completion certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For content- and registration-related questions, please contact AASHTO at 1-800-231-3475.